It is important to understand the factors which impact whether or not an application for funding is successful. These key factors include:
- Organizational track-record and the experience of management team.
- Alignment of proposed program with the RFP or Notice of Funding Availability.
- Whether the program is “evidence-based”.
- Relationship with the funder.
- Submitting a well-written and well-formulated proposal that is both compelling and responsive to the funding opportunity.
- Grant reviewers’ subjectivity.
No grant writer can guarantee funding will be awarded. However, positioning a proposal/organization to win a grant requires a partnership between the client and grant writer. Certain factors are beyond a grant writer’s control despite his/her experience, skill and track record.
Check out my recent wins and success rates!